16 April 2014

Gold Daily and Silver Weekly Charts - Hubris Incorporated


“I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed.  I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”

Michael Bloomberg, Billionaire Financier and Master of the Universe, I Have Earned My Place In Heaven

Ah, the rich miscalculating their fit through the eye of a needle.  Its an old, old story.  Memento mori.

I am sure he is not intending this seriously, and we ought not to take it as such.  As we should with most of the gauche things that he and his fellow financial sharpers and masters of the universe say.

Speaking of dull financial people miscalculating their place in the cosmos, this looks like it is going to be a dull week for the precious metals, except for the major bear raid yesterday.

Nothing much happened in the Comex warehouses yesterday. The number of ounces claimed in the April delivery continued on, reaching a total of 461,400 ounces for the month.  It will be interesting to see if anyone decides to actually do anything with them that will show up in the warehouse reports, or just continue to pass their warrants around like hot potatoes.

The Comex is becoming increasingly irrelevant to the world markets, and a bit of an anachronism in the current influence it still has over price.

Hubris.  It means that they never see it coming. That is what makes the reckoning so often spectacular.

Have a pleasant evening.